EMR is one of the world’s leading metal recycling companies with a history spanning decades. At EMR, our employees are the heart and soul of our organization. We are committed to creating a workplace that prioritizes the well-being and safety of everyone. Our company provides a supportive and inclusive community where everyone's ideas and contributions are valued. We believe in teamwork and collaboration.
Our mission is to provide our customers with efficient and reliable metal recycling services while minimizing the environmental impact of our operations. EMR recycles ten million tons of material annually, everything from beverage cans to aircraft carriers. We work with a wide variety of metals including copper, aluminum, brass, and stainless steel and can recycle it into more than 200 different types of new sustainable raw materials.
EMR offers our team a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans with company match, wellbeing benefits, employee assistance program and more. Join us and be a part of a team that puts people first!
EMR USA has an opening for a Torcher. In this role, the Torcher will assist with the general day-to-day operations of the yard. The Torcher must be able to work independently to accomplish daily tasks and process material to mill specifications.
II. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Assist in housekeeping
· Ensure a clean and orderly workplace
· Identify possible hazards before torching
· Perform inspections of PPE and torch equipment prior to use
· Process ferrous and nonferrous metals to mill specifications
· Adhere to health and safety protocols
· Performs other duties as assigned.
III. Required Skills / Abilities
- Ability to use a six foot torch and a plasma torch
- Ability to torch cut ship/vessel sections in 2’x3’ pieces
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to work from 40 hours plus overtime in a week
- Ability to work in hot (Up to 110 F)/cold weather (As lows as 35 F)
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work overhead, climb ladders, kneel, and stand for long periods
- Ability to work near moving equipment operations
- Communicate well with others to complete task
- Capable of working with and wearing a respirator for long periods
IV. Education & Experience
- High School graduate or G.E.D.
- Previous experience Torching and processing metals
V. Other Job Demands
While performing the essential functions of this job, the Torcher will be working in an outdoor environment. The employee may be near moving mechanical parts and will be exposed to all weather conditions. The noise level in the environment can be loud and will require ear protection. The employee is required to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time. The employee is required to suit out full with torching PPE. This job also requires frequent bending, kneeling, standing, and working in tight spaces.
- Job Family US Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Lake Charles, LA, USA