EMR is one of the world’s leading metal recycling companies with a history spanning decades. At EMR, our employees are the heart and soul of our organization. We are committed to creating a workplace that prioritizes the well-being and safety of everyone. Our company provides a supportive and inclusive community where everyone's ideas and contributions are valued. We believe in teamwork and collaboration.
Our mission is to provide our customers with efficient and reliable metal recycling services while minimizing the environmental impact of our operations. EMR recycles ten million tons of material annually, everything from beverage cans to aircraft carriers. We work with a wide variety of metals including copper, aluminum, brass, and stainless steel and can recycle it into more than 200 different types of new sustainable raw materials.
EMR offers our team a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans with company match, wellbeing benefits, employee assistance program and more. Join us and be a part of a team that puts people first!
The Truck driver is responsible for traveling to customer sites and either live loading or swapping roll-off containers. Duties include coordinating with dispatch for the day’s schedule, safe handling of the vehicle, and weighing the loads at the yard. This career requires experience of providing a high level of customer service and excellent attention to safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Transports materials to and from designated locations in a safe and efficient manner.
- Picks up full containers and unloads in designated locations.
- Secures loads according to Department of Transportation guidelines.
- Maintains contact with Dispatch and Truck driver to get assignments and properly report trip numbers.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Must have a valid Class A license.
- General knowledge of State and Federal motor carrier regulations
- General knowledge of mechanics involving trucks and trailers
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to operate the vehicle safely.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Customer service skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED-equivalent
- At least one year of Class A driving experience
- Roll Off experience required
OTHER JOB DEMANDS
- Job Family US Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Houston, TX, USA