Non ferrous Picker
EMR is one of the world’s leading metal recycling companies with a history spanning decades. At EMR, our employees are the heart and soul of our organization. We are committed to creating a workplace that prioritizes the well-being and safety of everyone. Our company provides a supportive and inclusive community where everyone's ideas and contributions are valued. We believe in teamwork and collaboration.
Our mission is to provide our customers with efficient and reliable metal recycling services while minimizing the environmental impact of our operations. EMR recycles ten million tons of material annually, everything from beverage cans to aircraft carriers. We work with a wide variety of metals including copper, aluminum, brass, and stainless steel and can recycle it into more than 200 different types of new sustainable raw materials.
EMR offers our team a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans with company match, wellbeing benefits, employee assistance program and more. Join us and be a part of a team that puts people first!
The Non Ferrous Picker is responsible for the quality inspections of all materials and to ensure hazardous materials are not processed. Duties also include determining deductions from loads of unwanted materials and directing traffic for trucks in and out of the facility. This career requires the ability to perform in a fast paced environment, and a high level of attention to detail.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for quality inspection of loads to ensure materials are free from debris such as concrete, dirt, trash, etc.
- Performs quality checks to prevent hazardous materials, such as propane tanks or gasoline tanks from entering stream for processing.
- Determines deductions from loads if unwanted materials.
- Directs traffic for all trucks in and out of the facility.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and practices.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Abilities
- Basic computer knowledge.
- High attention detail.
- Knowledge of scrap metal commodities helpful.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Customer service skills.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or GED-equivalent.
Prior experience in Quality Assurance preferred but not required.
Other Job Demands
- Pay Type Hourly
- Camden, NJ, USA