Accounts Payable Specialist
EMR is one of the world’s leading metal recycling companies with a history spanning decades. At EMR, our employees are the heart and soul of our organization. We are committed to creating a workplace that prioritizes the well-being and safety of everyone. Our company provides a supportive and inclusive community where everyone's ideas and contributions are valued. We believe in teamwork and collaboration.
Our mission is to provide our customers with efficient and reliable metal recycling services while minimizing the environmental impact of our operations. EMR recycles ten million tons of material annually, everything from beverage cans to aircraft carriers. We work with a wide variety of metals including copper, aluminum, brass, and stainless steel and can recycle it into more than 200 different types of new sustainable raw materials.
EMR offers our team a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans with company match, wellbeing benefits, employee assistance program and more. Join us and be a part of a team that puts people first!
Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Division: Southeast Region
Reports to: Controller
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Accounts Payable Specialist will maintain current accounts and assist in invoicing functions. He or she will analyze expense reports to assign payments to the proper cost centers, work with vendors to resolve past due invoices, and reconcile monthly statements with vendors.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and verify invoices and check requests
- Sort, code, and match invoices
- Enter and process invoices in the system
- Prepare and perform check runs
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
- Track expenses and process expense reports
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Prepare analysis of accounts and produce monthly reports
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Maintain vendor files
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Assist with month end closing
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Backup the reception function
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Customer service experience
- Extra credit for Accounts payable experience
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with accountants, vendors, and upper management
- Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Successfully identify, analyze and solves problems and knowing when to ask for guidance
- Addresses problem issues head on in a proactive fashion
- Plan, organize and complete tasks in defined time frames
- Provide intensity and commitment in daily activities
- Have ability to work towards a personal "Best in Class" standard
- Demonstrate total commitment to outstanding customer service, developing a loyal customer base
- Work under pressure, meet deadlines and be flexible in working on multiple tasks simultaneously
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment and physical working characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- Office environment, sedentary job.
- Person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery and occasionally visit customer sites.
- Must have the ability to walk/stand throughout the day
- By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the above job description and that I am capable of performing all of the stated requirements. I understand that my employment is “at-will,” which means that I may voluntarily leave my employment or be discharged by EMR at any time for any reason, with or without notice.
- Job Family US Administration
- Pay Type Hourly
- Metairie, LA, USA