Future Leader Management Trainee - Wisconsin
EMR is one of the world’s leading metal recycling companies with a history spanning decades. At EMR, our employees are the heart and soul of our organization. We are committed to creating a workplace that prioritizes the well-being and safety of everyone. Our company provides a supportive and inclusive community where everyone's ideas and contributions are valued. We believe in teamwork and collaboration.
Our mission is to provide our customers with efficient and reliable metal recycling services while minimizing the environmental impact of our operations. EMR recycles ten million tons of material annually, everything from beverage cans to aircraft carriers. We work with a wide variety of metals including copper, aluminum, brass, and stainless steel and can recycle it into more than 200 different types of new sustainable raw materials.
EMR offers our team a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans with company match, wellbeing benefits, employee assistance program and more. Join us and be a part of a team that puts people first!
Future Leader Management Trainee
Experienced Industry Mentor
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Front-line field experience in our feeder and production facilities to understanding the "real life" routines of a key leaders of our business
- Supplemental leadership workshops & functional trainings, projects, and frequent exposure to senior leaders during the program
- Personalized mentorship and development opportunities that build practical skillset and build long-term leadership skills
- Upon successful completion of the program, you will take on a hands-on challenge in your first role. Exact role placement will be determined based upon business need, your capabilities, interests, and performance during the training program
- To be successful, you must consistently question the status quo, seek opportunities to improve processes, remain curious, be unafraid to grow and be willing to take calculated risks
Required Skills / Abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to relocate depending on company needs (MN, ND, WI)
- Be resourceful enough to deliver actual results
- Embraces ambiguity and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Able to be agile in the face of setbacks and change
- Maximizes data and quantitative insights to provide effective solutions to complex problems
- Comfortable working in teams, actively listens, seeks diverse opinions, and fosters inclusion
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Successfully worked in hourly positions during educational years
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous full-time work experience should be less than 5 years in total by the program start date. Internship, short duration contracts and co-op experiences do not count towards experience
- Geographical & Functional mobility – open to experiencing different functions and locations across the U.S. during the training program and beyond
- Demonstrates leadership capability in previous work experience and/or extracurricular activities.
Other Job Demands
- Job Family US Administration
- Pay Type Salary
- Eau Claire, WI, USA