EMR is one of the world’s leading metal recycling companies with a history spanning decades. At EMR, our employees are the heart and soul of our organization. We are committed to creating a workplace that prioritizes the well-being and safety of everyone. Our company provides a supportive and inclusive community where everyone's ideas and contributions are valued. We believe in teamwork and collaboration.
Our mission is to provide our customers with efficient and reliable metal recycling services while minimizing the environmental impact of our operations. EMR recycles ten million tons of material annually, everything from beverage cans to aircraft carriers. We work with a wide variety of metals including copper, aluminum, brass, and stainless steel and can recycle it into more than 200 different types of new sustainable raw materials.
EMR offers our team a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans with company match, wellbeing benefits, employee assistance program and more. Join us and be a part of a team that puts people first!
The Diesel Mechanic will work on heavy equipment that requires a high level of skill- hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics, using modern maintenance practices and technologies in our newly constructed truck shop in Becker, MN location. Work is performed in our Maintenance Shop located in Becker, MN location. The Mechanic will report to our Service Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks
- Performs repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services for diesel engines
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of transmission, electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiative or assign repairs. Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists Service Manager in the completion of project work.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Required Skills / Abilities
- Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record, CDL preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Possess a valid DOT medical card or able to obtain prior to hire, preferred
- Self-starter with willingness to learn and train.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience performing repair and maintenance on heavy trucks and diesel engine vehicles, equipment and related components.
- Experience using repair manuals, wiring (electrical) diagrams and schematics necessary to troubleshoot or repair vehicle or component failure
- Ability to safely drive service vehicles and vehicles in and out of service area, as well as test drive
- In depth knowledge of truck components and systems
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Employee provided tools standard set
Other Job Demands
You will be required to lift and carry light weights. Travel requires the ability to drive and the use of a personal vehicle. This is a full time, in-person position.
- Job Family US Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Becker, MN, USA