EMR is one of the world’s leading metal recycling companies with a history spanning decades. At EMR, our employees are the heart and soul of our organization. We are committed to creating a workplace that prioritizes the well-being and safety of everyone. Our company provides a supportive and inclusive community where everyone's ideas and contributions are valued. We believe in teamwork and collaboration.
Our mission is to provide our customers with efficient and reliable metal recycling services while minimizing the environmental impact of our operations. EMR recycles ten million tons of material annually, everything from beverage cans to aircraft carriers. We work with a wide variety of metals including copper, aluminum, brass, and stainless steel and can recycle it into more than 200 different types of new sustainable raw materials.
EMR offers our team a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans with company match, wellbeing benefits, employee assistance program and more. Join us and be a part of a team that puts people first!
EMR USA has an opening for a General Laborer. In this role, the General Laborer will assist with the general operations of the yard. To be successful, the General Laborer must be able to work independently to accomplish daily tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in housekeeping
- Ensure a clean and orderly workplace
- Clean and prepare sites by removing debris and possible hazards
- Assist in maintenance of equipment
- Clean barges and equipment
- Adhere to operating and health and safety protocols
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Abilities
- Ability to use variety of hand tools such as snip cutters, shovels, etc.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently
- Ability to work overhead, climb ladders, kneel, and stand for long periods
Education & Experience
- High School graduate or G.E.D.
- Previous experience using a forklift preferred
While performing the essential functions of this job, the General Laborer will be working in an outdoor environment. The employee may be near moving mechanical parts and will be exposed to all weather conditions. The noise level in the environment can be loud and will require ear protection. The employee is required to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time. This job also requires frequent bending, kneeling, and standing, lifting up to 50 lbs., and working in confined spaces. #LI-Onsite
- Job Family US Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Downtown Houston, Houston, TX, USA