EMR is one of the world’s leading metal recycling companies with a history spanning decades. At EMR, our employees are the heart and soul of our organization. We are committed to creating a workplace that prioritizes the well-being and safety of everyone. Our company provides a supportive and inclusive community where everyone's ideas and contributions are valued. We believe in teamwork and collaboration.
Our mission is to provide our customers with efficient and reliable metal recycling services while minimizing the environmental impact of our operations. EMR recycles ten million tons of material annually, everything from beverage cans to aircraft carriers. We work with a wide variety of metals including copper, aluminum, brass, and stainless steel and can recycle it into more than 200 different types of new sustainable raw materials.
EMR offers our team a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans with company match, wellbeing benefits, employee assistance program and more. Join us and be a part of a team that puts people first!
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join the team on this exciting growth plan. The Staff Accountant will provide financial leadership by ensuring daily operations are in compliance with accounting internal controls. The Staff accountant will fulfill a variety of technical, clerical, internal, and external responsibilities as delegated by the controller. Tasks include input and preparation of journal entries, general ledger management, and generating financial reports. Performs day- to- day general accounting functions.
• Key role in month-end close process. Would include review and preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and investigating variances.
• Support & maintain effective, reliable internal controls over accounting transactions and reporting.
• Monitoring daily sales
o Reconciliation of reported sales invoices to collections and subsystem reports
o Processing Invoice Exceptions/Overrides
o Review credits issued for proper approvals
o Review daily preparation of manual invoices in Trade for all parts sales
o Review and post daily Journal Entries for sales activity
o Tracking/follow-up with sales on Bounced Checks
o Other duties as assigned
• Tracking and reconciling daily cash reporting
o Daily Cash Reconciliations of operating sites to cash drawers
o Audit of Cash Group check categorizations prior to posting
o Process PayPal & eBay transaction reconciliation and funding recovery
• A/R Monitoring
o Lead AR reporting for review and management focus on recovery
o Lead oversight and involvement of escalation of collection actions
• Calculate and prepare daily inventory transfers for car parts and update calculations as needed
• Weekly Refund Check journal creation, upload and matching
• Daily subsystem A/R reconciliation to G/L
• Prepare adjustments, write-offs for A/R including posting and applying in subsystem
• Ensuring all ecommerce disputes are mirrored in subsystem and G/L
Systems (experience not required):
• Microsoft D365, Tableau, QlikView Business Discovery
• Subsystem above = Auto part dismantling software Hollander/Powerlink
• The preferred candidate will have at least 5 years of accounting experience, preferably in:
o in a fast paced environment,
o a role in manufacturing and comfortable in working conditions of plant operations
• Proven aptitude of adopting and optimizing use of new technology application and tools
• Advanced excel skills, power-user of large data sets
• Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• The qualified candidate will have a BS in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
• A CPA license or CMA designation is preferred, or working toward designation
- Job Family US Administration
- Pay Type Salary
- Camden, NJ, USA