Training and Development Specialist
EMR is one of the world’s leading metal recycling companies with a history spanning decades. At EMR, our employees are the heart and soul of our organization. We are committed to creating a workplace that prioritizes the well-being and safety of everyone. Our company provides a supportive and inclusive community where everyone's ideas and contributions are valued. We believe in teamwork and collaboration.
Our mission is to provide our customers with efficient and reliable metal recycling services while minimizing the environmental impact of our operations. EMR recycles ten million tons of material annually, everything from beverage cans to aircraft carriers. We work with a wide variety of metals including copper, aluminum, brass, and stainless steel and can recycle it into more than 200 different types of new sustainable raw materials.
EMR offers our team a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans with company match, wellbeing benefits, employee assistance program and more. Join us and be a part of a team that puts people first!
The Training and Development Specialist will create, develop, administer and conduct training and development programs for employees.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assesses training and development needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with managers, instructors, and customer representatives;
- Creates, organizes, plans, and presents various forms of onboarding, orientation, and skills training for employees and customers;
- Develops unique training programs that fulfill workers's specific needs in order to maintain or improve job skills;
- Creates and/or acquires training procedure manuals, guides, and course materials.
- Presents training and development programs using various forms and formats including group discussion, lecture, simulations, and videos;
- Maintains records of training and development activities, attendance, results of tests and assessments, and retraining requirements;
- Assesses training materials prepared by instructors;
- Evaluates program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest trends in training and development.
- Prepares and implements training budget - maintains records and reports of expenses.
- Performs other related duties as required
Required Skills / Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related program software
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required
- At least two years of learning and development experience, including developing, implementing, and delivering training
- Bilingual English-Spanish speaker
- Previous experience with Ceridian/ Dayforce a plus
Other Job Demands
Work is generally performed in a traditional office environment at our EMR USA United States headquarters in Camden, New Jersey. Touring our scrap metal recycling facilities will be required. Working hours may vary and early morning, evening, or weekend work may be required. You may be required to lift and carry light weights. Travel requires the ability to drive and the use of a personal vehicle.
- Job Family US Administration
- Pay Type Hourly
- Camden, NJ, USA