EMR is one of the world’s leading metal recycling companies with a history spanning decades. At EMR, our employees are the heart and soul of our organization. We are committed to creating a workplace that prioritizes the well-being and safety of everyone. Our company provides a supportive and inclusive community where everyone's ideas and contributions are valued. We believe in teamwork and collaboration.
Our mission is to provide our customers with efficient and reliable metal recycling services while minimizing the environmental impact of our operations. EMR recycles ten million tons of material annually, everything from beverage cans to aircraft carriers. We work with a wide variety of metals including copper, aluminum, brass, and stainless steel and can recycle it into more than 200 different types of new sustainable raw materials.
EMR offers our team a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans with company match, wellbeing benefits, employee assistance program and more. Join us and be a part of a team that puts people first!
The Industrial Electrician is responsible for installation, repairs, troubleshooting, and maintaining all electrical systems. Duties include conducting scheduled maintenance, maintaining records, and testing all equipment. This career requires the ability to work in a fast paced environment, and the ability to install as well as replace electrical components. Previous industrial electrical experience, including plc’s, vfd’s, and electrical schematics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot and repair motors, VFD’s, PLC’s and electrical components on conveyor systems.
- Conduct scheduled maintenance and keep maintenance records.
- Observe safety procedures, LOTO, and meet electrical codes.
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, switch boxes, receptacles and other electrical components.
- Test equipment such as digital multimeters, current clamps on Ammeters, etc.
- Other job duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Strong trouble shooting skills
- Knowledge of PLC’s, relay logic, controls, PID loops, motors, conveyors, DC and AC circuitry, motor controls, MCC centers, circuits up to 13,800 volts 3 phase
- Strong understanding of schematics, blue prints, test equipment
- Capable of repairs of all electrical equipment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 10 years industrial electrical experience
- Hydraulic and mechanical experience a plus
- Must have associated education
OTHER JOB DEMANDS
While performing the essential functions of this job, the candidate will be working in an outdoor environment. The employee may be near moving mechanical parts and will be exposed to all weather conditions. The noise level in the environment can be loud and will require ear protection. The employee is required to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time. This job also requires frequent bending, kneeling, and standing, lifting up to 50 lbs., and working in confined spaces. #LI-Onsite
- Job Family US Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- New Orleans, LA, USA