Commercial Administrative Assistant
EMR is one of the world’s leading metal recycling companies with a history spanning decades. At EMR, our employees are the heart and soul of our organization. We are committed to creating a workplace that prioritizes the well-being and safety of everyone. Our company provides a supportive and inclusive community where everyone's ideas and contributions are valued. We believe in teamwork and collaboration.
Our mission is to provide our customers with efficient and reliable metal recycling services while minimizing the environmental impact of our operations. EMR recycles ten million tons of material annually, everything from beverage cans to aircraft carriers. We work with a wide variety of metals including copper, aluminum, brass, and stainless steel and can recycle it into more than 200 different types of new sustainable raw materials.
EMR offers our team a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans with company match, wellbeing benefits, employee assistance program and more. Join us and be a part of a team that puts people first!
- Collect, match, and verify data on a regular basis, all while maintaining a keen attention to detail.
- Verify and maintain proper client data and billing information.
- Maintain general office structures and procedures in-regards to data collection and documentation.
- Administration of budgets and/or expenses, of site inventory.
- Insure proper filing of invoices and administrative paperwork on a day-to-day basis.
- Translate data into spreadsheets and report to management.
- Edits and updates purchase orders and provides assistance with purchasing documents and data maintenance.
- Provides support with inventory management.
- Transfer data from paper formats into Excel sheets and database systems.
- Create spreadsheets with large numbers of figures without mistakes.
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Abilities
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent team building skills, self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work well with others.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and follow-up skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once and prioritize accordingly
- Computer savvy, 10-key proficiency helpful, multi-user telephone systems, copier, fax machine, printer machines, and Microsoft Office software including good working knowledge of Excel.
- Strong Understanding of bookkeeping.
- Must possess good data entry skills with accurate and precise information input.
Education & Experience
- High School graduate or G.E.D.
- 2 years of experience in accounting related field desired.
Other Job Demands
While performing the essential functions of this job, the Data Clerk will be working in an office environment. The Data Clerk will be required to operate a computer and other office devices such as telephones, copy machines, etc. The employee is required to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time. #LI-Onsite
- Job Family US Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Downtown Houston, Houston, TX, USA