Warehouse/ Forklift Operator
EMR is one of the world’s leading metal recycling companies with a history spanning decades. At EMR, our employees are the heart and soul of our organization. We are committed to creating a workplace that prioritizes the well-being and safety of everyone. Our company provides a supportive and inclusive community where everyone's ideas and contributions are valued. We believe in teamwork and collaboration.
Our mission is to provide our customers with efficient and reliable metal recycling services while minimizing the environmental impact of our operations. EMR recycles ten million tons of material annually, everything from beverage cans to aircraft carriers. We work with a wide variety of metals including copper, aluminum, brass, and stainless steel and can recycle it into more than 200 different types of new sustainable raw materials.
EMR offers our team a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans with company match, wellbeing benefits, employee assistance program and more. Join us and be a part of a team that puts people first!
We are currently looking for a full-time Warehouse/ Forklift Operator to assist with metal recycling activities. This position will be based out of our Becker depot.
- Load and unload scrap metal materials, bales, bins, boxes, crates, etc. onto and from customer trailers, truck beds, bins, and other cargo as needed
-Transfer all necessary materials from one place to another; pick up falling material during transfer
- Manually move material from one place to another; manually fill and dump material bins.
- Identify, sort, label, move and transfer metal materials
- Dismantle/disassemble or take apart insulated wiring, small electric motors, and scrap components
- Pack or wrap material by hand; load, wrap, and prepare pallets for shipment
- Use signals, when necessary, to assist machine operators who are moving larger pieces of material
- Ensure a clean and orderly workplace; clean and prepare sites by removing debris and possible hazards
- Adhere to, evaluate and maintain proper service logs and maintenance requirements
- Follow production plans and instructions from supervisors or more experienced workers
- Adhere to operating and health and safety protocols
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3+ years of consecutive sit-down forklift work experience
- OSHA/Safety certification preferred, but not required
- Ability to use variety of hand tools such as snip cutters, brooms, and shovels, etc.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently
- Ability to work overhead, climb ladders, kneel, and stand for long periods
- Ability to work in all elements such as rain, cold, and heat
- Ability to handle stressful situations, manages time, and multitasks
- Ability to communicate effectively in both spoken and written form
- Ability to pass a criminal background check, physical, and drug screening
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including health insurance and 401(k)
- Paid Time Off
- An ethical, responsible work culture
- A fun work environment where our teammates feel appreciated
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment and physical working characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- Outdoor position in all-weather elements (hot/cold, rain/snow)
- PPE Requirement: steel toed boots, safety glasses, hard hat, high visibility clothing, ear plugs
- Exposure Issues: dust, fumes, possible high noise levels
- Job Family US Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Becker, MN, USA