EMR is one of the world’s leading metal recycling companies with a history spanning decades. At EMR, our employees are the heart and soul of our organization. We are committed to creating a workplace that prioritizes the well-being and safety of everyone. Our company provides a supportive and inclusive community where everyone's ideas and contributions are valued. We believe in teamwork and collaboration.
Our mission is to provide our customers with efficient and reliable metal recycling services while minimizing the environmental impact of our operations. EMR recycles ten million tons of material annually, everything from beverage cans to aircraft carriers. We work with a wide variety of metals including copper, aluminum, brass, and stainless steel and can recycle it into more than 200 different types of new sustainable raw materials.
EMR offers our team a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans with company match, wellbeing benefits, employee assistance program and more. Join us and be a part of a team that puts people first!
SummaryThe Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for ensuring operation of equipment by conducting timely preventative maintenance requirements. Duties include locating source of problems by observing mechanical devices in operator, disassembling machinery or equipment for repairs, performing welding assignments, and reassembling equipment after completion of repairs and inspections. This career requires experience in preventative maintenance on equipment, knowledge of operational theories of diesel engines and hydraulic systems, welding, fabricating, and troubleshooting equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains equipment in proper working condition through planned, preventative maintenance procedures as directed.
- Responds to and repairs all equipment breakdowns.
- Inspects and tests machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Dismantles and reassembles machines and equipment.
- Installs new or repaired parts.
- Installs new machinery and equipment.
- Fuels and lubes all equipment.
- Keeps supervisor informed of any conditions concerning the equipment, repairs and maintenance supplies needed.
- Responsible for all company tools and equipment assigned to them.
- Operates a variety of equipment necessary to make repairs.
- Must be able to work with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Observes all safety rules, including proper safety equipment, lockout-tagout, confined space, etc.
- Performs general facility cleanup.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills / Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work overhead, climb ladders, kneel, and stand for long periods
- Ability to work in all elements such as rain, cold, and heat
- Ability to handle stressful situations, manages time, and multitasks
- Ability to communicate effectively in both spoken and written form
Education & Experience
- Three years maintenance experience
- Experience in repair of metal processing equipment, heavy machinery and trucks
- Background in electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical areas
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
Other Job Demands
- Job Family US Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- New Orleans, LA, USA