EMR is one of the world’s leading metal recycling companies with a history spanning decades. At EMR, our employees are the heart and soul of our organization. We are committed to creating a workplace that prioritizes the well-being and safety of everyone. Our company provides a supportive and inclusive community where everyone's ideas and contributions are valued. We believe in teamwork and collaboration.
Our mission is to provide our customers with efficient and reliable metal recycling services while minimizing the environmental impact of our operations. EMR recycles ten million tons of material annually, everything from beverage cans to aircraft carriers. We work with a wide variety of metals including copper, aluminum, brass, and stainless steel and can recycle it into more than 200 different types of new sustainable raw materials.
EMR offers our team a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans with company match, wellbeing benefits, employee assistance program and more. Join us and be a part of a team that puts people first!
SummaryEMR USA has an opening for a crane operator. In this role, the Crane operator will operate a hydraulic crane to move metal throughout the yard. To be successful, the Crane operator must be able to work independently to accomplish daily tasks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Load and unload scrap metal materials, bales, bins, boxes, crates, etc. onto and from customer trailers, truck beds, bins, and other cargo as needed
- Transfer all necessary materials from one place to another; pick up falling material during transfer
- Ensure a clean and orderly workplace; clean and prepare sites by removing debris and possible hazards
- Adhere to, evaluate and maintain proper service logs and maintenance requirements
- Adhere to operating and health and safety protocols
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Abilities
- OSHA/Safety certification preferred, but not required
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Knowledge of scrap metal commodities helpful.
- Ability to perform all physical, mental and environmental job functions
- Ability to work in all elements such as rain, cold, and heat
- Ability to handle stressful situations, manages time, and multitasks
- Ability to communicate effectively in both spoken and written form
Education & Experience
- High School graduate or G.E.D.
- Minimum 2+ years of consecutive crane operation experience
Other Job Demands
- Job Family US Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- West Dallas, Dallas, TX, USA