Maintenance - Groundskeeper
EMR is one of the world’s leading metal recycling companies with a history spanning decades. At EMR, our employees are the heart and soul of our organization. We are committed to creating a workplace that prioritizes the well-being and safety of everyone. Our company provides a supportive and inclusive community where everyone's ideas and contributions are valued. We believe in teamwork and collaboration.
Our mission is to provide our customers with efficient and reliable metal recycling services while minimizing the environmental impact of our operations. EMR recycles ten million tons of material annually, everything from beverage cans to aircraft carriers. We work with a wide variety of metals including copper, aluminum, brass, and stainless steel and can recycle it into more than 200 different types of new sustainable raw materials.
EMR offers our team a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans with company match, wellbeing benefits, employee assistance program and more. Join us and be a part of a team that puts people first!
We are currently HIRING for a Maintenance - Groundskeeper at our state of the art facility in Becker, MN.
- Maintain apprearance of EMR - Northern Metal Recycling exterior buildings and grounds
- Upkeep and grooming lawn, shrubbery and flowers
- Snow removal
- Using our water trucks to water our lot
- Minimum of 2+ years in maintenance/grounds keepings
- OSHA/Safety certification preferred, but not required
- Ability to use variety of hand tools such as snip cutters, brooms, and shovels, etc.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently
- Ability to work overhead, climb ladders, kneel, and stand for long periods
- Ability to work in all elements such as rain, cold, and heat
- Ability to handle stressful situations, manages time, and multitasks
- Ability to communicate effectively in both spoken and written form
- Ability to pass a criminal background check, physical, and drug screening
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including health insurance and 401(k)
- Paid Time Off
- An ethical, responsible work culture
- A fun work environment where our teammates feel appreciated
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment and physical working characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- Outdoor position in all-weather elements (hot/cold, rain/snow)
- PPE Requirement: steel toed boots, safety glasses, hard hat, high visibility clothing, ear plugs
- Exposure Issues: dust, fumes, possible high noise levels
- Job Family US Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Becker, MN, USA