Compliance Officer - Data Products
Headquartered in London, CACI Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of CACI International Inc., a publicly listed company on the NYSE with annual revenue in excess of US $6.2bn and employing approx. 22,000 people worldwide.
CACI Ltd is an international data and technology consultancy with £154m turnover and 1100 employees. We are passionate, progressive and unafraid of challenge; our mission is to use technology and data-driven insight to make a commercial difference.
We provide expert advice and hands-on system management to help our national and global clients get the most from technology and data. We use innovation wisely to deliver well thought-out digital solutions and software.
CACI's Marketing Solutions Division provides data, software and consulting services to improve our clients’ sales and marketing programmes.
We help clients find, retain and grow profitable customers through our understanding of consumer characteristics and behaviour. And we help commercial property developers and retailers plan retail provision in the UK and overseas.
MSD helps clients shape the vision, define the strategy and deliver a truly integrated customer experience. Our services are based on in-depth understanding of individual consumer behaviour and marketing technology which influence the way consumers buy products and services through a combination of data, technology and consultancy.
CACI is recruiting for a Compliance Officer within Data Products & Innovation who will be responsible for maintaining our day to day adherence to compliance standards.
Who we are
At CACI we do amazing things with data. We are experts in all things consumer and location, bringing together cutting-edge analytical techniques, creative thinking and diverse perspectives to drive growth for our clients. We build some of the most highly regarded, innovative datasets in the market and our people are the best at manipulating that data to provide insight to our clients. As part of the wider Marketing Solutions Division, you will be joining a 250 strong team working in over 50 markets globally.
Our people are what really make us different. We are a growing and dynamic group of analysts, data scientists and commercially savvy business development consultants who also provide thought leadership and creative thinking. We are passionate, progressive and unafraid of challenge; our mission is to use data-driven insight to make a commercial difference.
This is an exciting opportunity to join as a Compliance Officer within the Data Product & Innovation team.
CACI has a long and established history with our flagship products Acorn, Fresco, Ocean and Retail Footprint, but as well as these there is a suite of over 30 other data products that support them. We are continually evolving our product set based on new data sources and technology available.
The Data Products and Innovation team looks after the product suite, supplier management & compliance, and plays a key role in influencing the tech stack that underpins that.
Supported by a significant budget, the data development function sources data from a wide spectrum of suppliers (i.e. open, commercial, government, research, academic) and types (mobile, consumer, household, spend, location, services / amenities, infrastructural, geographical, environmental) to create data solutions that can be applied across different levels of identification (i.e. individual, household / property, address, geographical, spatial)
The successful creation, evolution and delivery of our product suite is essential to the performance of the Marketing Solutions Division, accounting for an 8-figure annual revenue contribution.
The business is committed to evolve the current data development function (product, people, processes, technology) and ensure that it continues to develop innovative, valuable and profitable data solutions to meet the changing needs of brands and the market.
The purpose of the role
The primary purpose is to maintain our day to day adherence to compliance standards
- GDPR specific obligations – record keeping and documentation
- A day to day contact for queries relating to the interpretation of that documentation
- A watching brief on new legislation coming down the line, supporting the Product Managers, the AI & Data Ethics Director, and the wider business.
We do not expect the person taking this role to take overall responsibility for interpreting legislation and creating CACI policies – this is an implementation and adherence role for policies that are already created. However, we do see that as being the future growth area for the role, and to that end would expect the person taking this role to contribute to the creation of such policies and to be a core part of their development path.
- Own, maintain, propose modifications, and where appropriate evangelise the following GDPR, PECR and ultimately the EU AI Act documentation
- Compliance Guidance
- Compliance Policies
- DPIAs & LIAs
- Privacy notices
- Records of Processing
- Information Asset management
- Lead the creation of the above documentation for any new products or data processes the team identifies
- With input from your line manager, the appropriate product teams, subject matter experts, or legal counsel if appropriate
- Proactively manage those documents as living documents incorporating updated interpretations of the legislation
- Be the go-to person for queries against this documentation and our processes
- Day to day sales team & client queries
- Client queries, questionnaires, and audit requirements
- Contribute to the Supplier documentation alongside the Supplier team
- Supplier Due Diligence for licencing 3rd party products – specifically, but not limited to, PII
- Some selected other requirements (e.g. Modern Slavery, copyrights, licence restrictions)
- Contribute to the organisations broader understanding of
- Upcoming legislation and ICO guidance
- Sector level trade body guidance
- Any improvements we might make outside of our existing processes
Core skills, knowledge, experience required:
- Some existing knowledge of Data Protection legislation
- Proven experience as a compliance officer, or similar responsibility around the interpretation and adherence to contractual obligations, e.g. you may have been a paralegal, an office manager or business administrator
- A demonstrable flair for the detail of contracts and their practical application in the commercial world
- Can-do attitude with a methodical and diligent approach showing great organisational and planning skills
- An analytical mind to be able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with experience of managing internal stakeholders and potentially ultimately external stakeholders
- Able to work well under pressure, managing multiple stakeholders
What we can offer you
We don’t settle for people that can just do the job, we look for people that are constantly trying to push the boundaries and improve what we do. This is what makes CACI a great team to be a part of.
Innovation is hugely important to us and we aim for everybody in the business to spend 5% of their time innovating and training. If you are an innovative thinker and like to challenge the norm, coming up with new ways of doing things, then you will be surrounded by likeminded people at CACI.
The Integrated Marketing team’s goal is to be the biggest, and best, consultancy and campaign provider sharing top quality insights and campaigns using cutting edge technology. As a member of our team, you will be key to helping us achieve this goal.
We understand that your career progression is important to you. Unlike many organisations, promotions happen twice a year at CACI. This gives you more opportunity to progress. At CACI people get promoted on merit when they are ready. This means that your career is completely in your own hands and there is never a ceiling for your progress.
Everyone’s career path is different. We welcome people exploring different areas and trying out new skillsets. Just because you start off down one path doesn’t mean you are committed to it indefinitely. At CACI you have the freedom to carve your own career path.
At CACI we understand the value in building personal and professional relationships outside of your immediate teams. Whether you are joining us in your first job or you are an experienced hire there is a development programme for you that will allow you to network across the business and have the potential to influence business decisions.
NextGen is our early years career programme which includes 6 soft skill training courses, the chance to get involved in one of 4 committees, lots of internal networking opportunities as well as socials. Anyone joining CACI in the first 2 years of their career will be enrolled onto NextGen and expected to participate.
The Consultant Network is for more experienced staff. It comprises a peer-to-peer network, to allow you to meet likeminded people from across the business, and gives you the opportunity to work on a range of extra-curricular projects that will directly impact the way MSD operates.
Participation in NextGen and Consultant Network is strongly advised. Like all development programmes, the more you contribute the more you will get out of it.
The key to our success is our teamwork and collaboration and that tends to work best when we are all in the office working together. That said, we fully appreciate that everyone leads busy lives, and we can’t always be in the office. This is why we embrace flexible working expecting people to come in 2-3 times per week.
Your development is key and is a top priority for the team. We offer 3 types of training: externally run consulting courses, externally run bespoke courses and internal courses. Everyone has different training requirements which means everyone has their own training plan. A bespoke training plan will be created for you when you join.
We have a range of benefits on offer to support you. We have a comprehensive list of schemes ranging from pension plans to health and wellness policies, in addition you can opt into a selection of flexible benefits to meet your personal needs.
- Pension contributions up to 5% (matched by employee and employer)
- Life Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Private Health Insurance from 2nd anniversary
- Sickness & Disability income protection from 3rd anniversary
- On site gym membership
An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to draw on expertise and unique experiences and bring out the best in each other. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and we are supportive of Veterans and people from a military background. We believe that by embracing diverse experiences and backgrounds, we can collaborate to create better outcomes for our people, our customers and our society.
Successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
- Pay Type Salary
- Kensington, London, UK